It has never been more important to have someone with experience and specialist rendering knowledge on your side to navigate the complexities of choices for your project.
External wall insulation (EWI)
External wall insulation involves fixing a layer of insulation material to the wall, then covering it with a reinforcement mesh and a special type of render. The finish is usually a textured render, pebble-dash or sometimes a brick slip or a brick effect render finish could be used.
- Can save approx. £475* per property per year (source: Energy Savings Trust)
- Can save approx.1.9 tonnes* of carbon dioxide per year (source: Energy Savings Trust)
- Can be applied with minimal disruption to the household and its occupants
- No internal access is required
- Does not reduce the floor area (living space) of the property
- Improves the appearance of the property – potentially increasing the property’s value
Improves weatherproofing and sound resistance
- Can make the building more airtight, reducing drafts and heat loss
- Increases the life of the existing property by protecting the existing substrate from the weather
- Reduces condensation on internal walls and can help prevent damp (but will not solve rising or penetration damp)
- A reduced rate of VAT is applicable to any professional EWI installation, provided that its primary purpose is to save energy (conditions apply).